Friday, January 12, 2007

Update, January 12, 2007

I'm doing better. I only missed a day or so. :)
Things are going fast her. The new office is just about organized and things are getting much easier to find with the layout we have set up here. I finally have shelves for my research books and I can most always see the top of my desk. That's unusual for me. lol
I've hit the half way point on the rewrite for Hidden Agendas. 48,000 words, which equals about 248 pages in a week. That's not a bad amount of work. I'm anticipating having this finished by Monday or Tuesday of next week. At least, thats the deadline.
What made this book unique to me, was the hero. It took an incredibly amount of time to get a handle on him. He's one of those patient alphas. The ones that watch the world with a bit of amusement and lazy humor and then manipulates events to suit him rather than forcing them to.
He's intuitive and knows what he wants and he doesn't normally deny himself what he knows should be his. He does have a few alpha hang ups though, enough to make a woman grit her teeth and want to bash him upside the head for being so damned stubborn. But on the whole, I think I'm in love with him. LOL

As soon as I finish, I intend to celebrate a bit. I thought I might share an excerpt of Dangerous Games here, and tease you a little bit. So be watching for that next week. I'm very excited about the release of Dangerous Games and the novella For Maggies Sake in the Real Men Do It Better anthology. Those release February 5, 2007, and I hope you enjoy both books.
Dangerous Games was kind of unique for me. It flowed wonderfully, but Clint was just a different sort of hero, just as Kell has been.

As for working today, I'll be this evening getting back into things. I need to run to Wal Mart and pick up some essentials and I have to stop by the computer store. If I miss a day or so here, please don't hold it against me, Hidden Agendas is driving me hard and not leaving a lot of spare time in between.

Until next time, happy reading and please, come visit us on the FORUM The Ladies there love to meet new people and to chat and have fun. And its the only place on the net that I really find time to pop in and say hello.

No comments: